Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Tom Smith Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that we have on site or that we provide for the use of customers with disabilities while they are accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people who have disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on our premises in areas that are open to the public.
A person with a disability will be allowed to have a support person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
We will provide training to our employees who deal with the public within the first 90 days after being hired. Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan. Training will include:
· An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and
the requirements of the customer service standard.
· Tom Smith Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd’s policy related to the customer service standard.
· How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
· How to interact with people with disabilities who use assistive devices or
require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
· How to use any assistive devices or equipment available on-site or otherwise
that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
· What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our
goods and services.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Tom Smith Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd provides goods and services to people with disabilities can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone and speak with our General Manager.
All feedback, including complaints, will be reviewed and the Customer will be contacted within 14 days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
If you would like to access this policy in an alternate format, please contact us with your request.